Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Student of the Universe: Life of a Teacher

Soniya Singh is a certified theta practitioner and theta instructor, who has directly been taught under the founder of theta healing, Vianna Stibal in the UK after completing her studies in other various modalities such as EFT, REIKI and CLINICAL HYPNOTHERAPY. Her passion, enthusiasm and love for the subject reflects in her teaching skills, and her mission is to help individuals understand and experience the inner peace and happiness, through connecting with a powerful source we may call GOD, the universe or the creator of all that is.
Below she shares a her story of what inspired her to spread awareness:

When I was asked to share my story, my mind regressed back in time to all those painful memories of my life, as I played out my role of a helpless victim to perfection. Nonetheless, as I look back through the perceptive filter of my new found wisdom, I now understand that it was these very experiences which have brought me to accept myself for who I am. It laid the foundation for my soul, eliminated the fear and liberated me from the baggage that was weighing me down.
I come from a Hindu family and have a brother that is 7 years younger. My parents, very simple people, always believed in doing the right thing. Indian society always prefers to the first-born to be a boy, and as my father was the eldest of 6, my extended family wasn’t very happy that I turned out to be a girl.
At the tender age of 7 months, my parents moved to Dubai to pursue their dreams and I was left in the care of my maternal grandmother. I was shifted around a lot in those days but finally landed in a permanent place where I was surrounded by cousins who all supported each other through life’s trials.
In my adolescent years, I spent small pockets of time with my parents but it was hard for me to think of them as my parents. Even though they gave me toys and clothes, I couldn’t feel anything for them. I began to take this out on my grandmother who was unable to deal with my moods and as a result, I was shipped off to live with my parents permanently. Once again, I had lost my comfort zone and was surrounded by new people. I was in pain, angry and confused.
At the age of 19, I attracted a wealthy, spoilt boy who was even more of a rebel than I was. His affection and attention, coupled with my desire to anger my parents posed the perfect solution: marriage. I had my way, and life was good. Or so I thought. As a therapist, I would now describe my actions as an means of escape from the voids deep within me.
For 9 years, I suffered physical, emotional, mental and sexual abuse to an unimaginable level that ended in my husband declaring his love for my cousin. The only things that kept me going were my two young babies and I decided that it was for them that I was going to live. At the age of 29, I became the VP of a large real estate company and was enjoying immense financial success. I was finally independent and successful but still, there was a certain hollowness.
Soon enough, I fell in love with a wonderful guy; his love stitched, sowed and repaired the wounds of my past. He restored my broken faith in relationships and helped me to remove many negative beliefs and associations with men. My life was finally beginning to make sense.
As we grew closer, he proposed marriage and just as I was preparing for the perfect ending of my fairytale love story and awaiting a new beginning, his parents objected the match – yet again I was alone. To make matters worse, the real estate market crashed and I watched my company close down. I lost custody of my children and it was ‘game over’ for me. I was so tired that I could not even take my own life.
At age 34, I was convinced to meet a spiritual healer and my life began to turn around again. I came across Illuminations and Hypnotherapy and after a long time, I found myself in the company of calm, peaceful people. The stillness was soothing. I pursued Reiki and Theta Healing and found that my entire life had begun to change.
I have surrendered to the Universe and accept all that I have to learn today. Seeing someone else imbibe this knowledge and smile is an unparalleled feeling, so it was a natural progression for me to become a teacher and spread all that I had learnt.

No comments:

Post a Comment