Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

'Moved' by Gratitude

Zimmy Khan is an Master NLP Practitioner, Executive Coach in Advertising and Marketing, has a doctorate in Clinical Hypnotherapy and is an advanced Theta Healing Practitioner. Her passion, professionalism and mastery over her work, is perhaps why she is labeled and known amongst her peers and clients as one of the most successful holistic therapists around with a round the clock schedule. She is an important support system and shares a close association with Illuminations through conducting various workshops and sessions. Below she shares her story on what inspired her to share with others the power of gratitude:

6 years ago, within a matter of 2 hours, I lost all movement in the right side of my body. The morning started out like any other, but by 10AM, my right eyelid was drooping, the right side of my face and mouth had become numb, and my arm and leg had turned into lead. I rushed to the hospital emergency, and soon after an MRI was done, I was told by the doctors that I had a 2cm lesion (damage) in my brain, on the spot that controls movement of the right side, which was causing this sudden paralysis. They explained to me that this condition is incurable, and the best we can hope for is to control it, so that I don't develop any more lesions, which would lead to multiple sclerosis. They told me that they will start me off on medications immediately, but in order to build up to the optimum dosage, it will take a few months, as these medications are very strong and need to be increased gradually. They predicted that I would be able to reach the optimum dosage after 3-4 months and only after that, could I hope to feel some slight movement in the right side of my body, and even after that, it would take at least a couple of years, many hours of physiotherapy, and lots of luck to regain all movement completely. Of course they were kind enough to point out that I shouldn't get my hopes up too high and just wait and see how it goes.
Well the one thing they were absolutely right about was that the meds were indeed very strong! After 3 days of taking them, I realized that not only was I paralyzed physically, I had also lost all connection to my mind, my ability to think, to stay awake, to focus. I was hallucinating, immensely drowsy and could not hold a thought for more than a fleeting second. This is what finally scared me - all this time the shock had kept me numb and disconnected from what was happening - but when I realized that I was becoming mentally paralyzed as well, that is what really shook me. In a rare lucid moment, I decided that its still early days, and since I will have to take this medication for the rest of my life, it would be better for me to understand how much of this mental paralysis is caused by the lesion and how much is caused by the meds. So I stopped the medication. Within a week the effects of the drugs had worn off and I could think again - what a relief!
It is from that day that my journey began, the inspiring and empowering journey that has brought me to where I am today. From that day onwards, without having any prior knowledge of any form of 'energy healing' or any idea about the 'power of the mind', I started communicating with my body. Just like Tom Hanks would talk to that basketball in 'Cast away', I would sit by myself for hours on end and pick up my limp right arm or leg and talk to them. I would remind them about all the good times we'd had, all the moments that I had taken for granted when everything was working perfectly. I sent each and every cell immense gratitude for everything that it had helped me do all my life. I visualized myself doing both great and mundane things in the future with every aspect of my right side working perfectly and with perfect strength. I spent hours being thankful in advance for all of those things that I would do when I was fine again. I sent waves and waves of love and peace to all my cells. Within a couple of weeks, I could feel my face coming back to life, just like the feeling when the dentist's anesthesia starts wearing off. Within a month I was back at work, my leg was getting stronger with every day, my right arm was still in a sling, I was typing and writing with my left hand, yet was completely convinced that it was only temporary. I continued talking to my cells and sending them gratitude every single minute. And within 50 days, I was perfectly back to normal!
After this life changing experience, I became keenly interested in everything to do with 'Mind over matter', 'the power of thoughts', 'the attitude of gratitude' etc etc. I made it my foremost priority to study all that I could about these transformative powers that we carry within us and yet keep looking for outside. It is this quest that transformed me from a hardcore corporate, intellectually-driven person into a full time Life Coach, Clinical Hypnotherapist and ThetaHealing Practitioner. This is how I was literally 'Moved' by Gratitude.
Zimmy Khan conducts the Manifestation Through Gratitude Workshop on behalf of Illuminations. To learn more about her please visit her website: http://www.epiphany-zk.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment